Tips for buying used shipping containers online
Buying new and used shipping containers with ContainerAuction.com is a clear, straightforward process.
We've worked together with both container buyers and the people directly involved with selling them to create an online marketplace that provides the most relevant information in a way that everyone, from the casual buyer to industry expert, can understand quickly and use to make informed purchasing decisions.
Our staff takes regular questions from buyers visiting the site, and from experience we know that if one person asks a question others are probably thinking about it but may be too shy to ask. Over the past few months we've collected a number of tips and would like to share them with you.
General Container Buying Tips:
- Setting up your buyer account allows you to save searches and listings, and create custom alerts.
- If you have any questions regarding a listing ask the seller before you bid.
- Need shipping or delivery assistance? Use the uShip widget located on each listing page.
- If you don’t see the containers that you’re looking for submit a request and we’ll notify our sellers.
- Invoices are processed at 12:00am GMT, if you’ve won a listing we’ll send the invoice at this time.
- Fees and charges: Buyers have no fees. No registration fee, membership charge, or commission.
Every buyer is unique in their needs, experience, and goals for finding and using the right containers. If you have additional questions or comments for our staff, you're welcome to email us
or visit the site and start a chat with an online representative.