An Auction and Marketplace for Shipping and Cargo Containers

Shipping Container Ideas and Articles

Storage Containers

  • Heavy industries like manufacturing, mining, oil drilling, and construction require portable, heavy duty storage facilities. Quite often, these companies less concerned with appearance and more concerned with function and an affordable price. They're looking for the cheapest possible shipping container that will stand up to abuse and neglect, all while keeping their supplies out of the harsh eleme ...
  • Over the last year we’ve sold a lot of shipping containers around the United States and Canada, and quite a few containers in Colorado. Throughout Colorado, shipping containers are popular to use as portable storage units for homes and companies, modular housing components, or even storm shelters/hunting cabins. Nearly every shipping container that we’ve sold in Colorado this ye ...
  • There are a lot of great opportunities to set up a small business these days, and a business model that’s growing in popularity is providing storage other people’s things.  Self storage facilities are very common as people move from one place to another and need extra space to keep the belongings which they no longer use on a regular basis.  Rather than part with them, either for ...
  • It's getting more and more common for people to use a shipping container as an on-site storage unit.  New and used shipping containers are designed to keep their contents secure, protected from wind and rain, be portable.  However, there are a couple of points to keep in mind when converting a commercial shipping container into a residential storage unit. High Locking Gear vs. Low Locking G ...
  • Using a shipping container as a portable storage unit provides a maintenance free facility, 99% of the time; and the other 1% of the time is preventative maintenance and care. Shipping containers are designed to withstand the harshest of conditions as they travel across the oceans many times in their life, so when they're repurposed for commercial or residential storage units the conditions a ...
  • Storage facilities are pretty common and heavily used around the United States and Canada, and one of the fastest ways to set up a storage facility, or expand an existing facility, is by using modified shipping containers. 20' and 40' shipping containers can be quickly converted into both single unit storage containers, and multiple unit storage facilities.  Depending on the size of the unit ...
  • Converting a shipping container into a storage unit is a great idea, one which has been growing in popularity over the past few years.  In many areas of North America there a surplus of both new and used shipping containers, and while the costs involved aren’t dirt cheap, there are some great deals to be had when compared to other alternatives. Before you decide to convert a shipping con ...
  • When it comes to shipping containers, increasing the storage or housing size (internal volume) without increasing the foot print can only come in one direction – height.  International equipment; from ship gearing, port and terminal container handling and standard chassis size, is all geared for either one 40' container, or two 20' containers.  There are some larger containers, but t ...
  • You've purchased a used shipping container that perfectly meets your needs:  The size is right, the condition is strong and secure, and the price was cheap.  The only thing left to do is give it a fresh coat of paint so that "neutralizes" the markings of the shipping line.  Your initial thought may be to rush out to the hardware store and pick up a case of spray paint to give it a quick.  ...
  • Shipping container conversions are becoming increasing popular in the construction and oil industries.  In recent years, the demand for new and used shipping containers has increased due to the need for on-site storage, workshops, and mobile offices that is affordable, quick to install, and provides a great amount of security. Shipping containers are readily available in almost every major c ...
View All

Subscribe to Our Newsletter





Categories and Topics